Do you need prescription to buy a catheter?

Flopa12

Do you need prescription to buy a catheter?

Postby Flopa12 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:24 am

Hi, i'm from Argentina, and for a while now i have been considering the posibility of self-cath. I obviously gonna try to start a recovery, but for emergencys i'd like to have the option of self-cath. That probably would help a lot. The thing that i don't know is... do i need a prescription to buy a catheter? Or you can get it in a pharmacy?
I probably should go to the doctor and ask him/her for help, I mean for teaching me how to use it, what kind to buy, etc. But i have been reading in the forum and not all urologyst are so open to teach that or encourage self-cath.

RichardUSA
Founder

Re: Do you need prescription to buy a catheter?

Postby RichardUSA » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:10 pm

Flopa12 wrote:Hi, i'm from Argentina, and for a while now i have been considering the posibility of self-cath. I obviously gonna try to start a recovery, but for emergencys i'd like to have the option of self-cath. That probably would help a lot. The thing that i don't know is... do i need a prescription to buy a catheter? Or you can get it in a pharmacy?
I probably should go to the doctor and ask him/her for help, I mean for teaching me how to use it, what kind to buy, etc. But i have been reading in the forum and not all urologyst are so open to teach that or encourage self-cath.

The answer to your question is beyond my ability, as I have no idea what the laws are like in Argentina.
I also have no idea if medical care is readily available or affordable, or if the catheters are available and affordable.

Good luck.

FeelTheFish

Re: Do you need prescription to buy a catheter?

Postby FeelTheFish » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:42 am

Oh my god im also from argentina! My father is a doctor and i was going to ask him this today. I've lost my social life due to this sickness, and it's time to recover it the hard way. If it needs a prescription and you live in Capital, we can meet up (Kinda unsafe in this country tho) and i can give you one! (I don't know if there is a forum rule against this or if you want). I'll ask him anyways and i'll let you know.

Sorry for not speaking in spanish, but since this is a english forum i think it would be something kinda disrepectful.

good luck!

Return to “Shy Bladder Friendly Employers (Public Forum)”