This site is already helping me.....

g4sp

This site is already helping me.....

Postby g4sp » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:39 pm

I have just found this website by accident.I have had paruresis since I was 21 years old.I'm now 58.I spoke to a uroligist about it once and he was quite rude and told me to see a phyciatrist.I haven't spoke to another person about it.It has really held me back in everyday situation that most people don't even think about.If we,or I go out,the 1st thing I think about is how long am I going to be in a place where I might need to pee.Where will I be able to find relief??I travel for my job and this can be a major problem.I read about the hold your breath method,yesterday and I believe it is going to help,because I need help.

RichardUSA
Founder

Re: This site is already helping me.....

Postby RichardUSA » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:13 pm

g4sp wrote:I have just found this website by accident.I have had paruresis since I was 21 years old.I'm now 58.I spoke to a uroligist about it once and he was quite rude and told me to see a phyciatrist.I haven't spoke to another person about it.It has really held me back in everyday situation that most people don't even think about.If we,or I go out,the 1st thing I think about is how long am I going to be in a place where I might need to pee.Where will I be able to find relief??I travel for my job and this can be a major problem.I read about the hold your breath method,yesterday and I believe it is going to help,because I need help.

Your experience with the urologist is not unusual. There is no excuse for what we often hear about.

Our advice, find a different one and start again. At your age you need regular urological exams anyway, so this is a good time in your life to find an understanding urologist who will work with you. They are definitely out there.

g4sp

Postby g4sp » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:10 am

I have seen a urologist in the past few years for high psa numbers but never spoke to him about my problem.It's not physical.Only mental.

RichardUSA
Founder

Postby RichardUSA » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:39 am

g4sp wrote:I have seen a urologist in the past few years for high psa numbers but never spoke to him about my problem.It's not physical.Only mental.

SO?

That doesn't mean your urologist has no role in treating you and making your life easier. Just because one guy years back didn't know, doesn't mean you can't find a urologist who will help you.

I hope your high psa (BTW "High" while generally thought of as above 3 or 4 can be as low as 2) is not due to anything more concerning than BPH.

Your enlarged (or possibly inflamed) prostate, if that is what you have, might be making your paruresis worse. I urge you to allow a urologist to vigorously treat it--as appropriate for your situation. I don't know your situation, but my personal experience has been that Avodart has done wonders for me. Unfortunately it is quite expensive even with good drug insurance.

What your urologist can do for you is teach you to accomplish intermittent catheterization.

They all teach it with catheters which are inappropriately too large and not the most comfortable for patients, but you can buy catheters of any of many different sizes and styles and materials until you find what is comfortable for you.

This step will have an immediate benefit in turning around the quality of your life. You will have a guaranteed way to empty your bladder at any time--especially when you travel.

What I would suggest is get at the root of the elevated BPH, get that treated. Then, besides learning to do intermittent catheterization, attend an IPA workshop.

dolii45dolii45

Postby dolii45dolii45 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:52 am

Your experience with the urologist is not unusual. There is no excuse for what we often hear about?
Get free demos for e six sigma exam and mcts exam with coloradocollege.edu guaranteed success. Our brandeis best quality prepares you well before appearing in the final exams. Granite State College

johnbill

Postby johnbill » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:06 pm

g4sp wrote:I have just found this website by accident.I have had paruresis since I was 21 years old.I'm now 58.I spoke to a uroligist about it once and he was quite rude and told me to see a phyciatrist.....

stupid urologist, peeing is a complex reflex and not all conditions that cause shy bladder
can be tested as there may be some neurological issues in the voiding reflex.
Not all conditions can be detected anatomically during a urethroscopy,
and the voiding tests are not that accurate either.
peeing without performance is difficult to a paruretic..

My primary objective is to attain comfort while locked up at the urinal.
Not to pee in 10 seconds.

Return to “Shy Bladder Friendly Employers (Public Forum)”