Walmart-- possibly friendly--

RichardUSA
Founder

Walmart-- possibly friendly--

Postby RichardUSA » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:43 am

I'm reposting a post that appeared Aug 5, in the drug testing forum.

I posed the question of reasonable accommodation to WalMart. After a few days I got my return call.....If you apply, are selected for hire and suffer from paruresis, bring a letter from your physician attesting to that fact you have difficulty passing urine and there is an alternative available (they didn't say what alternative but who cares). I have just started contacting companies regardless of my interest for employment and asked about their policy. You would (or wouldn't) be surprised at the people who have never heard of paruresis. WalMart said they were glad I called because they had never been asked that question (on the local store level) and now they had an answer from the home office. I hear they pay mgmt pretty well....I may actually apply. I'm telling you guys...ASK!!! As I told WalMart when they said they never heard of it, "it's not something alot of people talk about but if you don't then you don't get anywhere!" We have to make awareness a huge issue.

philnw

Re: Walmart-- possibly friendly--

Postby philnw » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:37 am

Richard,

Great work in transferring this here. If each of us aren't telling our family doctors, aren't telling our friends, aren't asking employers, aren't requesting assistance of congress critters, we aren't doing our share.

we can do a lot together, tell someone this week.

Beatlemaniac

Postby Beatlemaniac » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:08 pm

I can definitely understand the need/desire for the public at large to be made more 'aware' of this condition (in order for more 'accommodations' to made available to sufferers). However, as a sufferer myself, the thought that the guy(s) in that mensroom I happen to be encountering my 'problem' in at the moment, may actually be aware of the 'game' (humiliation) I am playing (undergoing), completely terrifies me. I'm not too sure I want the whole world to know this condition exists at all. I frequently use the fact that the vast majority of people are totally oblivious, even to the very existence of such a condition (for if they know, they must be fellow-suffers) to get through some awkward/embarrassing moments. I hope I am making sense here. It may be that only severe sufferers like myself can truly understand what I am trying to say.

PS - I already know ... I'm pretty pathetic. :oops:

RichardUSA
Founder

Postby RichardUSA » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:10 pm

Beatlemaniac wrote:I can definitely understand the need/desire for the public at large to be made more 'aware' of this condition (in order for more 'accommodations' to made available to sufferers). However, as a sufferer myself, the thought that the guy(s) in that mensroom I happen to be encountering my 'problem' in at the moment, may actually be aware of the 'game' (humiliation) I am playing (undergoing), completely terrifies me. I'm not too sure I want the whole world to know this condition exists at all. I frequently use the fact that the vast majority of people are totally oblivious, even to the very existence of such a condition (for if they know, they must be fellow-suffers) to get through some awkward/embarrassing moments. I hope I am making sense here. It may be that only severe sufferers like myself can truly understand what I am trying to say.

PS - I already know ... I'm pretty pathetic. :oops:

I was away when you posted the above and didn't see it till just now. I hope you are still looking in here because I have a message that I think is important, and a plea.

You wrote, "I already know ... I'm pretty pathetic." Please, please, stop calling yourself names. Suffering from paruresis doesn't make you pathetic or anything else. Calling yourself names will in the long run be harmful. You will believe you are what you called yourself. So, STOP IT.

By and large folks who suffer from paruresis are pretty solid intelligent, creative, and caring people. That isn't the definition of "pathetic."

You want to see "pathetic," go and visit a jail and look at the "humanity" in there.

Young people especially tend to come here and call themselves names--- we read things such as "I'm a freak." "I'm a girl." blah blah blah. Calling yourself names is unhelpful and the label you give yourself is probably far from the truth. Stop it.

SBOlsonJr

Postby SBOlsonJr » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:22 pm

I've had to get a drug test to work at Walmart six years ago.

During the final phase of hiring you, they send you out to another company to drug test you. The drug test took place in a private pee room with a toilet that had blue water in it and a non-functional faucet. I had around 24 hours to pass the test. I don't remember any alternatives, but this was over six years ago.

As of a year ago, they'll make you take another drug test if you do extensive property damage to the company, like running a forklift into the side of door, which I witnessed. They also drug test you if you get into an accident that you need to go to the doctor for, like cutting off your finger, which I also witnessed. Other than that they don't have random drug testing unless you are a pharmacist.

They usually have three restrooms, one male & female in the front and one male & female in the back with a family restroom. The family restroom is a single person restroom with a lock. I couldn't say what their Sam's Clubs, Neighborhood Markets, Gas Stations, or any of their Logistics Centers are like for their hiring practices or restrooms.

sakooon45

Postby sakooon45 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:53 pm

Please, please, stop calling yourself names. Suffering from paruresis doesn't make you pathetic or anything else. Calling yourself names will in the long run be harmful. You will believe you are what you called yourself. So, STOP IT.???
We are the pioneers in learn a language - learn english dumps and tutorials with learnalanguage.com exam pass guarantee. Download our latest test king ccie Babbel questions to pass real exam of mcitp training in Learnamericanenglishonline

Return to “Shy Bladder Friendly Employers (Public Forum)”